Upstox vs Zerodha
Upstox vs Zerodha! These platforms offer the same products and services, at the same brokerage fees and both are popular as excellent online trading platforms. Here in this post, we are going to deeply compare the Upstox and Zerodha. After reading this post you will definitely be able to go ahead to experience online trading by selecting one from Upstox and Zerodha.
Upstox Vs Zerodha Difference
- Zerodha has a consistent business strategy and strong management since its establishment in 2010. Upstox business strategies and management change frequently.
- Upstox extends integration to third-party trading platforms like Fox Trader, Dartstock including NEST Trader. While Zerodha only grants Kite as a trading platform.
- Customers at Upstox required to buy a compulsory prepaid plan, that starts with minimum Rs 249. Individuals who only wish to trade equity delivery, which is brokerage free, still have to purchase a prepaid plan at Upstox. On the other side, Zerodha does not have any compulsory prepaid plan.
- Upstox proposes priority brokerage plan which has leverage up to 25x on Intraday, Futures & Options. But for customers at Zerodha only has one simple plan.
- Zerodha has much more powerful focus in investment in technology which results in more trustworthy trading experiences, trading tools and customer support.
Upstox Vs Zerodha Similarities
- Online trading possible at BSE, NSE and MCX.
- Invest in direct mutual funds.
- Brokerage free equity delivery trades.
- Flat Rs 20 per trade brokerage fee for F&O and intraday.
- Excellent trading platforms.
- Transparent business model.
- Customer-friendly Environment.
- No research reports or recommendations.
- No relationship managers.
Also Visit: What is Upstox? Does Upstox is safe?
Compare the Zerodha & Upstox with the help of our smart table…
Let’s get a quick Overview…
Overview of Zerodha & Upstox
|Broker Type||Discount Broker||Discount Broker|
|Headquarters||Bangalore, India||Mumbai, India|
|Founder||Nithin Kamath||Raghu Kumar, Ravi Kumar & Shrinivas Vishvanath|
Zerodha vs RKSV Customer Ratings Comparison
|Products & Services||8.5/10||6.5/10|
|Brokerage Charges & Fees||9.5/10||9.5/10|
|Stock Research & Advisory||4.0/10||3.0/10|
|Total Client Reviews||1865||598|
Zerodha vs Upstox Demat Account Comparison
|Account Opening Charges||Rs.300||Rs.150|
|Demat AMC Charges||Rs.300 per Annum||Rs.150 per Annum|
|Trading AMC Charges||Free||Free|
|Offline to Online||No||No|
Upstox vs Zerodha Brokerage Charges Comparison
|Brokerage Charge & Fees||Zerodha||Upstox|
|Equity Delivery Trading||Free||Zero|
|Equity Intraday Trading||Rs.20 Per Order||Rs.20|
|Commodity Options Trading||Rs.20 Per Order||Rs.20|
|Equity Futures Trading||Rs.20 Per Order||Rs.20|
|Equity Options Trading||Rs.20 Per Order||Rs.20 per lot|
|Currency Futures Trading||Rs.20 Per Order||Rs.20|
|Currency Options Trading||Rs.20 Per Order||Rs.20 per lot|
|Demat AMC Charges||Rs.300 per Annum||Rs.150 per annum|
|Trading AMC Charges||Free||Free|
RKSV & Zerodha Other Charges Comparison
|Transaction Charges||0.00325% of Total Turnover||0.00275% of Total Turnover|
|STT||0.0126% of Total Turnover||0.0126% of Total Turnover|
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.0002% of Total Turnover||0.0002% of Total Turnover|
|Stamp Duty||Depends on State (very minimal)||Depends on State (very minimal)|
|GST||18% of (Brokerage + Transaction Charges)||18% of (Brokerage + Transaction Charges)|
Zerodha is much better in comparison of Upstox because of its heavy focus is on clarity in business strategies, technology, strong management and a very advanced puddle of employees.
More on TheFlashUpdate: