How to clean leather effectively? Leather is sensitive material, it seems easy to clean and it is, but as long as you know what to use to remove that stain you can’t help but stop looking. You don’t need to spend a lot of money to clean your leather and make it look like gold, the key is to use the tricks at home!
The trick that we explain below works for any material made of leather, be it shoes, sofas, armchairs, etc.
The two things that we will need and that you surely have at home are:
- microfiber cloths
- and hand cream.
In general, to clean a piece of leather, it is first necessary to remove the dust that the surface to be treated has, this is where microfiber cloths come into action, ideal for trapping dust. Once the leather is free of dust we can move on to the next step, the soap. These types, in addition to cleaning the leather, also protect it. Here are some tips to properly clean leather.
Steps to follow to clean leather effectively with cream
- Put a small amount of hand cream on a cloth.
- Spread the cream on the object you want to clean, focusing especially on the stained areas. The hand cream will completely remove all the dirt.
- After spreading the cream, you can remove the excess by passing another clean and dry towel over the leather.
If you are one of those who are demanding with its properties, you may want to buy a specific cream to clean leather. These types of creams are easy to find in specialized stores and are usually made from mineral and beeswax. Its main function is to moisturize the skin.
In case the stain has been caused by something in particular and you are finding it more difficult than explained above to clean the leather. We have brought some tips to teach you in a simple way what material each type of stain is cleaned with.
- Cotton soaked in alcohol.
- Cuticle remover.
Stains of unknown origin:
- Mix 1 part lemon juice with 1 part cream of tartar. Rub with a cloth and let stand. Then with a slightly damp cloth remove the mixture.
Salt stains on a piece of leather:
- Mix 1 part of water with 1 part of white vinegar and follow the previous process.
- Use a dry cloth. Do not apply water.