Are you searching for India’s No. 1 stockbroker? Zerodha is the most popular broker online, offering flat fee discount brokerage services to invest in Commodity, IPO, Equity, Currency and Direct Mutual Funds. Here are some frequently asked questions that you may have in your mind. Let’s cover them all:
Is Zerodha really free?
Zerodha proposes truly brokerage free Mutual Fund investment and equity delivery trading. But it takes 0.03% or flat Rs 20 per executed order (whichever is lower) brokerage price for trading in Intraday and F&O across Equity, Commodity segments and Currency.
Also Visit: Indian Budget 2021: MSP regime has assured 1.5 times more price to farmers
Though Zerodha proffers brokerage-free trading in equity delivery, you have to pay other charges including Demat Transaction Charges (Rs 13.50 flat per debit transaction), Government Taxes (GST, STT, Exchange Turnover Charges, SEBI Charges and Stamp Duty) and Demat Account AMC (Rs 300 yearly).
Zerodha Brokerage Charges
(whichever is lower)
|Equity Delivery||Rs 0 (Commission Free)|
|Equity Intraday||Flat Rs 20 or 0.03% per executed order|
|Futures (Equity/Currency/Commodity)||Flat Rs 20 or 0.03% per executed order|
|Options (Equity/Currency/Commodity)||Flat Rs 20 or 0.03% per executed order (on Turnover)|
|Mutual Fund||Rs 0 (Commission Free Investment)|
What is Zerodha Demat account?
An online account that holds financial securities such as mutual funds, stocks, and bonds, in the electronic format. With these Demat accounts, online trading is possible with fast, paperless and secure transactions of shares.
Also Visit: 21 Times Bollywood Copied Movie Posters!
Is Zerodha the best?
Zerodha is most suitable in the following ways:
- Best trading platform in India.
- Brokerage-free equity delivery trading.
- Direct mutual funds earn 1.5% more. (free of any commission)
- A lower brokerage compared to full-service brokers. (Rs 20 per trade)
- Leadership has an exciting and clear vision for tomorrow.
- Popular amid casual investors as well as frequent traders.
How much Zerodha charge for trading?
Zerodha Brokerage Charges
|Equity Delivery||Rs 0 (Free)|
|Equity Intraday||Rs 20 per executed order|
|Equity Futures & Options||Rs 20 per executed order|
|Currency Futures & Options||Rs 20 per executed order|
|Commodity Futures & Options||Rs 20 per executed order|
Also Visit: What is bitcoin? Who Created Bitcoin? How many Bitcoins are left?
How to open Zerodha account online?
For individuals who need an online paperless account, Zerodha offers 2-in-1 account (trading + demat account). The steps are given below to open 2-in-1 Zerodha account:
- Visit Zerodha.com
- Click on the signup.
- Enter your mobile number
- Enter the OTP.
- Fill your details like PAN, and bank account in the account opening process.
Why Zerodha charges for fund transfers?
For online instant fund transfers, Zerodha practices 3rd party services. It imposes Rs 9 for transactions through payment gateways and spends most of it to the service provider.
The fund transfer is absolutely free when you use NEFT/RTGS, IMPS, and Cheque transactions. In this case, the funds are not available instantly for trading.
Also Visit: What is Upstox? Does Upstox is safe?
How to change bank account in Zerodha?
This can be done by submitting an account modification request. It is mandatory to submit this request offline in signed paper form. You can’t change your linked bank account online.
- Go to “Zerodha.com”
- Click on ‘Downloads & resources’ link. ( get this link in the footer ‘Support’ section)
- Locate the ‘Change request forms’ section, and Download ‘Account modification form’.
- Print and fill the form.
- Add proof of the new bank account*.
- Send the signed form to the Office of Zerodha in Bangalore.
* The accepted bank proofs:
- Canceled cheque (name must be printed on the cheque)
- Bank statement (with IFSC Code and MICR No.) (printed self-attested copy)
- Bank passbook (self-attested photocopy)
- Rs 25 will be imposed for the modification.
- Once the form is accepted, it takes 1 working day to modernise.
Also Visit: Minecraft star Karl Jacobs from MrBeast’s crew and Dream SMP
Comments are closed.