Take attention, men who are going to establish a family in the near future. According to the results of research, a high diet in nuts may increase the quality, quantity, and motility of sperm. According to the research, taking 60 grams of nuts on a daily basis may be very beneficial for men’s reproductive health. The findings will be presented at ESHRE’s 34th Annual Meeting in Barcelona.
Consuming nuts increased sperm count by almost 20%, sperm vitality by nearly 5%, sperm motility by 6%, and morphology by 1%. Additionally, it was shown that increasing nut consumption was connected with a considerable decrease in sperm DNA fragmentation – a characteristic strongly associated with male infertility.
“Pollution, smoking, and a shift toward a western-style diet” have all contributed to a drop in the amount and quality of human sperm, according to Albert Salas-Huetos of Spain’s Universitat Rovira I Virgil.
The study “confirms a protective effect of chronic nut intake on sperm quality” and highlights the need for more research into male-specific dietary recommendations, he added.
The research experiment included 119 healthy young men between the ages of 18 and 35 in a 14-week diet plan that comprised either their typical western-style diet without nuts or 60gm/day of mixed almonds, hazelnuts and walnuts.
The scientists said that the issue deserves more research.
“However, data in the literature suggests that healthy lifestyle modifications such as adhering to a good food pattern may aid in conception – and, of course, nuts are a fundamental component of a Mediterranean healthy diet,” he added.
Nuts are a health food treasure trove; they are high in omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants (vitamins C and E, selenium, and zinc), folate, and other phytochemicals.
Here are 5 more reasons to eat nuts read the Nuts Benefits.
There are various number of Nuts Benefits for human being which help to boost body to prevent health issue.
1. Heart health: Cashews can reduce LDL cholesterol and boost HDL carrying capacity. HDL is responsible for absorbing cholesterol from the heart and transporting it to the liver for breakdown. Almonds are high in zinc, magnesium, potassium, and vitamin E, all of which are claimed to benefit your overall heart health. Walnuts are also high in omega 3 fatty acids, often known as polyunsaturated fatty acids, which are beneficial to the heart.
2. Blood sugar control: Almonds, with their high fiber content, also aid in blood sugar regulation. Pine nuts contain unsaturated lipids that aid in increasing insulin sensitivity. Additionally, when consumed as part of a meal, they may help to lower the total glycemic index.
3. Beneficial for the skin: Hazelnuts contain significant amounts of vitamin E, folate, and B vitamin biotin (which could do wonders for healthy hair and skin). Almonds, too, are high in vitamin E, which is beneficial to the skin.
4. Weight loss: Walnuts are high in protein and dietary fiber, both of which aid in weight loss.
5. Immunity: Antioxidants abound in pistachio nuts. It contains minerals that are beneficial to the heart, including betacarotene and oleanolic acid. In like, they are known to benefit immune function.
also read:What is the Best Diet for 2021?