In India, the Bhai Dooj festival is celebrated twice a year and Bhai Dooj after Holi is known as “Holi Bhai Dooj”. Let’s see on which day Holi Bhai Dooj will be celebrated. Here we have discussed its importance and all the information related to the Tilak method.
Holi Bhai Dooj 2022: To wish a long life of brother, do Tilak on Bhai Dooj, know the importance
Bhai Dooj is celebrated on the second date of Krishna Paksha of Chaitra month. Bhai Dooj festival is celebrated twice a year, one after Deepawali and the other after Holi.
This Bhai Dooj is known as Holi Bhai Dooj, which is celebrated two days after Holi. Sisters keep a fast to protect their brother from all the dangers and for his longevity and break the fast after the tilak ritual. This day is a day to increase the love between brother and sister and strengthen their relationship. This year the Holi Bhai Dooj will be commemorated on Sunday, March 20.
Auspicious Time (Shubh Muhoort)
The second Date of Krishna Paksha in Chaitra month is from 11:37 pm on Saturday 19th March and will end at 10:06 am on Sunday, 20th March. As per Udaya Tithi, this will be celebrated on Sunday, March 20.
Significance of Holi Bhai Dooj
Holi Bhai Dooj is commemorated for the well being of the brother. This day bolsters the relationship bond between brother and sister. On this day, sisters worship Ganapati and Narayan by keeping fast to save their brother’s life from troubles and wish them a long life. After this, after tilak of brother, sister breaks the fast. In lieu of Tilak, the brother likewise gives any type of gift to his sister as an omen. In addition to this, he promises to support and protect the sister in every situation.
Do Tilak like this
On the day of Holi Bhai Dooj, after retiring from bath etc. early in the morning, follow the following steps to complete the ritual of Bhai Dooj:
- Wear neat clothes and worship Lord Vishnu and Lord Ganesha duly.
- Go through the story of Bhai Dooj and pray to him for the longevity of your brother.
- After this, embellish the aarti plate to tilak your brother.
- Keep roli, akshat, deepak, mithaee, supaaree or sookha gola etc. in the plate.
- After this, make the brother sit on a wooden stool etc.
- Apply tilak to him, apply akshat.
- Perform aarti and feed him, sweets.
- After this give supaaree or gola to the brother.
- After this, brothers take blessings by touching their sister’s feet and sweetening her mouth.
- And Brothers give a gift according to her ability.
Note: On this day, send your brother away from home only after having food.
If you found this helpful, bookmark this website, to keep in touch with knowledgeable articles. Keep Reading, enjoy your festival, stay safe, stay healthy.