Meat is the generic name given to the soft and edible parts of cattle, pigs and sheep, each with its own benefits and properties. Meat provides proteins, fats and minerals to our body. The proteins it contains are of high biological value since they supply essential amino acids for our body and its proper functioning. Let’s explore all the benefits and properties of chicken meat.
The basic structure of the meat varies in each case and type, but, as a general rule, it is a grouped muscle fibre that contains nerves, blood vessels and fat, as well as various respiratory pigments.
BENEFITS AND PROPERTIES OF CHICKEN MEAT
The chicken is a gallinaceous bird with white meat, a food that is very present in kitchens around the world. It is a meat low in fat and calories and with high levels of protein as well as a high content of nutrients and vitamins.
6 Benefits and properties of chicken meat:
- Increases serotonin levels in the brain, improving our mood.
- It helps in the fight against bone loss thanks to the injection of proteins that it provides to the body.
- Chicken is rich in phosphorous, an essential mineral that nourishes the teeth and bones, as well as the kidneys and liver.
- It keeps your blood vessels healthy, your energy levels high, and your metabolism burning calories so you can manage a healthy weight and activity level.
- Chicken has a high amount of retinol, alpha and beta-carotene, lycopene, and all vitamin A derivatives, which are essential to allow us to have adequate visual health.
- It is easy to digest and is well tolerated by those who suffer from digestive disorders since its connective tissue is easier to disintegrate.
For every 100g of chicken our body obtains:
- Calories kcal 195
- Protein g 30
- Fat g 7.7
- Saturated fat g 2.2
- Carbohydrates g 0
It is a very versatile food in its preparation, and it is not contraindicated in therapeutic management. It can be given to children from an early age and is recommended for pregnant and lactating mothers.